Sustainability Education Programs Coordinator
Are you interested in learning, connecting, engaging with the multi-faceted groups, individuals, agencies and organizations working on sustainability education in New Brunswick? Do you like working with people, organizing meetings and events, and have experience in teamwork?
The NBEN (www.nben.ca) is a dynamic and innovative organization that functions as the New Brunswick environmental movement’s “central station” – a hub that serves to convene and connect people working on environmental issues in the province. We are currently looking for a motivated individual to fill the position of Sustainability Education Programs Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized, independent yet a good team player, will have experience in leading groups through consensus-based processes, and will be able to work in a multi-faceted environment where the digital interface is an integral part of the work.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of the Sustainability Education Alliance of New Brunswick, a network of over 300 people from nearly 100 agencies and organizations that are working to inspire and nurture a culture of education for sustainability in New Brunswick.
- Coordination of Great Minds Think Outside, a hands-on, curriculum-linked, outdoor professional development program that gives educators the skills and resources they need to teach their students outside.
- Coordination of collaborative working groups addressing sustainability education policy and other goals.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in project management resulting in strong organizational, planning, and project management skills
- Strong leadership skills and inter-personal skills
- Experience in networks and partnerships
- Commitment to a career in the non-profit sector
- Excellent computer skills (including websites and social media)
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and French
- Driver’s license
- Facilitation skills
- Experience in event organization
- Experience in the non-profit, environmental, and/or education sector
- Interest in or passion for sustainability education
Application deadline: May 31, 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Moncton with occasional travel around New Brunswick.
Nature of job: Permanent, 30 hours per week including occasional evening and weekend work.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com